A little mid-week inspiration from Good Fucking Design Advice. Just what we needed today!
There’s no way around it. We’re knee deep in the holiday season and the struggle to find the perfect gifts for all of our loved ones. Through the stress of it all, we thought it was important to take a moment and appreciate the gifts we’ve been receiving all year long. Those would be the gifts from the Internet: the funny, weird, and hilarious little gems that kept us going during all night creative sessions and marathon brainstorming meetings.
We’re delighted to present to you our top ten gifts from the Internet of 2012.
- Billy the Dog. The HSUS introduces us to Billy the dog. He promptly steals our hearts and empties our wallets.
- This Advertising Life. We learn that we’re not alone in this world, or in our insanity.
- Pinterest. Some people choose rock gardens for meditation. We choose rampant visual hoarding.
- Dogshaming. We adore our dogs. We adore seeing other people’s dogs misbehave.
- Cat/ Scream. This image from It’s Friday Everyday. There’s no rational explanation. It’s just makes us fall to the floor laughing.
- Google Doodles 2012 Summer Olympics Games. The office competition got pretty heated. Refs were contacted. Truces were called.
- Texts From Dog. That dog is real…right?
- Buckle Up, Bitches. Careful, this is intended for the 18 and up crowd. But it’s random, sassy, and hilarious.
- Gay Men Will Marry Your Girlfriends. College Humor gets it right. So. Very. Right.
- Ryan Gosling. Really? Do we have to say anything else about this one?
We hope you’ve enjoyed this little exhibition of Internet presents. From the entire team at Julia Balfour, LLC, we wish you Happy Holidays and a great New Year!
#23 Buy a New Office Decoration
Forget modern pieces of art, a fantastic sculpture, or a spankin’ new lamp, we’ve got new decorations in the form of awards!
As part of our summer bucket list we wanted to revamp the studio space and redecorate a little. So what better to hang as decorations than the accomplishments of the Julia Balfour team?
We’ve taken this year’s 21 CADC and Graphic Design USA awards and adorned our walls with their greatness. We’re so proud of all of our projects and we love bringing home awards for our clients.
Enhancing the office’s decor while displaying all of the Julia Balfour team’s hard work has allowed us to cross #23 off our list.
#3 Renovate the Studio
We wanted to give the office a fresh, new look this summer so we’ve decided to make some renovations. That’s why #3 on our summer bucket list was a no brainer: Renovate the studio.
First task, getting all employees out from under the stairs. Literally. We added a high, rather large oak table under the staircase but we couldn’t stop there. We moved employee’s computers around, as well as tables and lighting fixtures.
The last renovation of the day involved making coat and bag hooks next to our desks. This meant the days of putting our things on the floor were over.
We are very pleased with the new and improved studio and are excited to continue designing, programming, and marketing in our cozy space!
Welcome to Summer!
Here at Julia Balfour LLC, we’ve decided to start off the summer right and create a bucket list of all the exciting, crazy, and different activities we want to accomplish before fall arrives.
We thought long and hard about what we should include and have something fun for everyone in the office.
Each week we hope to complete at least one activity and we plan to share our pictures and memories of the item with you.
Follow along with us as we complete all 30! Number one is DONE!
- Write this list
- Create a summer bucket list logo
- Renovate the studio
- Eat oysters at Liv’s Oyster Bar
- Go vegetarian
- Stay vegetarian
- Warrior Dash
- Have a picnic
- Enter a contest
- Work hard
- Play harder
- Make summer beer for the office
- Catch fireflies
- Melt Crayons on a canvas
- Leave random encouraging post its around the studio
- Watch fireworks
- Collect sea shells
- Dance with Lilly, Tink and Dexter
- Do Yoga
- Tie a message to a balloon and let it go
- Get ice cream in Salem
- Try out a new spinning chair
- Buy a new office decoration
- Play a prank on a coworker
- Stand in two different towns at once
- Make a Pinterest dessert
- Marry off Lily & Dexter
- Run “The Hill” as much as possible
- Drink four cups of Ashlawn coffee in one day
- Perform 5 random act of kindness
Wow! The past month has been such a whirlwind here at the Julia Balfour, LLC offices. New ideas, new opportunities, and lots to celebrate! The cherry on the sundae has been growing our amazing Facebook community to over 5,500 friends! We’re delighted and honored to be bending the ears of so many fun people.
We’ve been having such a great time that we’ve decided to add some party favors. If you’re already a fan on Facebook, thank you! Keep an eye out for upcoming goodies. If you’re not a fan just yet, consider yourself officially invited to the party.
The best part of our day was trimming the tree and enjoying refreshments and santa hat brownies Leah made.
Fun trip to pick up our own Christmas tree.